Paris Hilton, the famous socialite, businesswoman, and media personality, has recently revealed that she is undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVF) to have a baby with her boyfriend, Carter Reum. The couple, who have been dating for over a year, are eager to start a family and have already picked out names for their future children. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about Paris Hilton’s baby plans, IVF process, and relationship with Carter Reum.
What is IVF and Why Did Paris Hilton Choose It?
IVF, or in vitro fertilization, is a medical procedure that involves fertilizing an egg with a sperm outside the body, in a laboratory. The resulting embryo is then transferred to the uterus of the woman who wants to get pregnant. IVF can help couples who have difficulty conceiving naturally due to various reasons, such as age, infertility, genetic disorders, or health conditions.
Paris Hilton, who is 40 years old, decided to opt for IVF after learning about it from her friend, Kim Kardashian West, who used it to have four children with her husband, Kanye West. Paris Hilton said that she was inspired by Kim’s experience and wanted to have “twins that are a boy and a girl”. She also said that she liked the idea of being able to choose the gender of her baby, which is possible with IVF.
How is Paris Hilton’s IVF Process Going?
Paris Hilton has been very open about her IVF journey, sharing details and updates with her fans on social media and podcasts. She said that she started the process in January 2021, and that it was “tough, but worth it”. She had to inject herself with hormones every day, which made her feel “moody and emotional”. She also had to undergo several tests and procedures, such as blood work, ultrasounds, and egg retrieval.
Paris Hilton said that she was able to produce 10 healthy embryos, five of which are boys and five of which are girls. She said that she and Carter Reum have already chosen the names for their twins, but they are keeping them a secret for now. She said that they are planning to implant the embryos soon, and that they are hoping for a successful pregnancy.
Who is Carter Reum and How Did He and Paris Hilton Meet?
Carter Reum is a 40-year-old entrepreneur, investor, and author, who co-founded the venture capital firm M13, which has invested in companies such as Lyft, Pinterest, Ring, and Daily Harvest. He is also the co-author of the book Shortcut Your Startup: Speed Up Success with Unconventional Advice from the Trenches, which he wrote with his brother, Courtney Reum.
Carter Reum and Paris Hilton met through mutual friends at a Thanksgiving party in 2019, and they hit it off right away. They started dating shortly after, and they made their relationship public in January 2020, when they attended the Golden Globe Awards together. Since then, they have been inseparable, traveling the world, celebrating holidays, and supporting each other’s projects.
Paris Hilton has described Carter Reum as her “soulmate”, “best friend”, and “dream come true”. She said that he is the first person who has ever made her feel safe, loved, and respected. She also said that he is the only person who has ever seen the real her, behind the glamorous persona that she created for the public. She said that he is smart, kind, loyal, and generous, and that he makes her laugh and smile every day.
Carter Reum has also expressed his admiration and affection for Paris Hilton, calling her his “partner in everything”. He said that he is proud of her achievements, her courage, and her growth. He said that he loves her for who she is, not for what she does. He also said that he is excited to start a family with her, and that he is ready to be a father.
When is Paris Hilton’s Baby Due?
Paris Hilton has not announced her due date yet, as she is still in the process of implanting the embryos. However, she has said that she wants to have her baby as soon as possible, and that she hopes to be pregnant by the end of 2023.
How Much Does IVF Cost?
The cost of IVF varies depending on the clinic, the country, and the individual case. However, according to the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, the average cost of one IVF cycle in the United States is about $12,000, not including the medications, which can add another $3,000 to $5,000. Therefore, the total cost of IVF can range from $15,000 to $20,000 per cycle. However, some insurance plans may cover some or all of the expenses, depending on the policy and the diagnosis.
What are the Risks and Complications of IVF?
IVF is generally a safe and effective procedure, but it does carry some risks and complications, such as:
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS), which is a condition where the ovaries become swollen and painful due to the hormone injections. This can cause symptoms such as abdominal bloating, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and weight gain. In rare cases, it can lead to serious complications such as blood clots, kidney failure, or ovarian torsion.
- Multiple pregnancy, which is when more than one embryo implants in the uterus, resulting in twins, triplets, or more. This can increase the chances of premature birth, low birth weight, birth defects, and maternal complications such as preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, or hemorrhage.
- Ectopic pregnancy, which is when the embryo implants outside the uterus, usually in the fallopian tube. This can cause severe pain, bleeding, and infection, and can damage the tube. It can also be life-threatening for the mother and the embryo, and requires immediate medical attention.
- Miscarriage, which is the loss of the pregnancy before 20 weeks. The risk of miscarriage increases with age, and is higher for IVF pregnancies than for natural pregnancies.
- Birth defects, which are abnormalities in the structure or function of the baby. The risk of birth defects is slightly higher for IVF pregnancies than for natural pregnancies, but it is still low. Some of the factors that may contribute to this risk are the age of the parents, the genetic makeup of the embryo, the quality of the laboratory, and the use of donor eggs or sperm.
Paris Hilton is one of the most famous and influential celebrities in the world, but she is also a woman who wants to have a family and a baby. She has chosen to undergo IVF with her boyfriend, Carter Reum, to make her dream come true. She has been very candid and positive about her IVF journey, sharing her hopes, fears, and joys with her fans. She has also shown her love and appreciation for Carter Reum, who has been by her side throughout the process. Paris Hilton’s baby plans are a testament to her courage, resilience, and happiness. We wish her all the best and hope to hear some good news soon.
I hope you liked the article I generated for you. Please let me know if you have any feedback or questions. Thank you for using Bing.